STINAPA Junior Rangers graduation 2016
On Friday evening June 24th, 31 STINAPA Junior Rangers were awarded their certificates
Youngsters with heart for nature came together twice a week for the entire schoolyear to learn about nature and also have fun with their peers. All this culminated on Friday evening June 24th when certificates stating all their achievements and their new ranks were awarded.
It was a very nice evening where the Junior Rangers demonstrated their public speaking skills and other abilities, leaving even their leader Desiree Croes flabbergasted. Commissioner Mrs. Rolanda Hellburg-Makaai gave out the certificates.
Graduating Junior Rangers 2016
1. Dinendra Winklaar (Neetje) – Kadet 17. Sharlino Martijn -Trooper
2. Tanisha Egbreghts – Kadet 18. Jonathan Pikerie-Trooper
3. Brandon Schreider – Kadet 19. Elohim Winklaar -Trooper
4. Alexis Crestian – Kadet 20. Gideon Cecilia – Deputy 1
5. Rodion Martes – Kadet 21. Tom Veldman – Deputy 2
6. Judarli Welvaart Kadet 22. Tom Lensink – Deupty 2
7. Elijah Piar – Kadet 23. Meghan Velandia- Deputy2
8. Richard van der Wal – Kadet 24. Joshua Pedersen- Deputy2
9. Saffrass Samad Kadet 25. Jarno Ottens – Captain
10. Kelly Schrijver Trooper 26. Julia Martinus – Captain
11. Allysa Wijnand Trooper 27. Aiesha Fernando- Captain
12. Senna Bougie Trooper 28. Ryan Augusta-Commander
13. Oscar Etmon Trooper 29. Dayron Mackay- “
14. Sebastiaan Schöndorfer Trooper 30. Niyandrew Pourier- “
15. Marein Eitze – Trooper 31. Rayen Seraus 2nd “
16. Lars Damhof – Trooper
De STINAPA Junior Rangers are an example for the Caribbean Region. STINAPA and Junior Rangers are getting invitations from countries in the region with the request to help set up a similar program.
Desiree Croes, STINAPA Coordinator for the department of nature and environmental education said during her speech that the program is based on 3 important principals: Motivation, a common goal and support from the community. According to Desiree, especially that last part is very important for the program. Without support from volunteers and businesses in our community the program would never have become successful.
These are the people that contributed to the Junior Rangers program:
The volunteers: Suzi Swijgert, Monalisa Domacasse, Kevin & Sue O’Brien, Diana Gevers, Kim White, Danielle Noeken, Bette Eitze, Sabine Engel, Paulo Bertuol, Chris Ball, Robin Wiesse, Pat & Bruce Davies, Johan van Blerk i Luigi Eijbrecht.
Companies and other organizations that in an outstanding way contributed to the program are: Cargill NV, Echo Foundation, VIP Diving, Dive Friends, CIEE research center, Dutch Caribbean Nature Alliance, Coral Reef Restoration Bonaire, Jong Bonaire, Raynel Cicilia (Ray Production), Theo Knevel (CRESSI) i Proyekto Stormvogel.
Companies and foundations that support the program: Sea Turtle Conservation Bonaire, Mangrove & Info Center, Gooodive, Carib Inn, Divi Flamingo Beach Resort & Casino, Dive Bonaire, Multi Post, Alfa & Omega, Rent-O-Fun, Great Adventures Dive Shop.