Swimming, snorkeling and general beach usage
Beach Usage: Rules & Regulations
Welcome to our cherished beaches, a haven for all. To preserve this paradise and ensure safety for everyone – humans and wildlife alike – please follow these rules:
- Respect Wildlife: Keep your distance from animals, allowing them peace.
- No Campfires/BBQs: Refrain from fires and BBQs directly on the sand.
- Trash Responsibility: Bin your trash or take it with you.
- Kind to Creatures: Do not disturb or feed animals.
- Reef-Safe Sunscreen: Use sunscreen free of toxic chemicals: (oxybenzone and octinoxate)
- Leave No Trace: Taking or putting anything in the marine park is prohibited.
- Mindful Parking: Avoid parking in sandy areas near the beach, park only in the coral rubble. (This is to protect sea life)
Dog Etiquette: Preserving Pristine Beaches
We adore our four-legged friends, yet it’s crucial we respect our delicate ecosystems. Please adhere to these guidelines to maintain the beauty of our beaches and protect the wildlife.
- Nesting Area Respect: No dog walking in sea turtle nesting zones. Fines of up to $170 may apply.
- Off-Limits Shores: Dogs are not permitted on these specific beaches. View the map for details.
- Playa Lechi (Sunset Beach)
- Playa Lechi Suit (Boulevard)
- Playa Chachacha
- Playa pal’i mangel (Donkey’s Beach)
- Forn’i kalki (Bachelor’s Beach)
- From Saliňa (salt pier) to Lacre Punt (Willemstoren)
- Sorobon and Cai
- Piedra haltu (Thousand Steps)
- Klein Bonaire